终于 (zhōng yú) at last
1. 表哥就用这个故事说服了姑妈，姑妈终于同意买房子了。= Tianming’s cousin used this story to persuade Tianming’s aunt. Aunt finally agreed to buy a place.
2. 林先生林太太辛辛苦苦工作了二十多年，现在两个人退休了，终于可以轻松轻松，享受退休生活。= Mr. and Mrs. Lin worked hard for over twenty years. Now they are retired, and they can finally relax and enjoy their lives.
3. 期末考终于考完了，我可以好好玩几天了。= The final exams were finally over. I could have some fun for a few days.
消费 (xiāo fèi) to consume
享受 (xiǎng shòu) to enjoy; pleasure
风险 (fēng xiǎn) risk
风险投资 (fēng xiǎn tóu zī) venture capitalism
风险投资家 (fēng xiǎn tóu zī jiā) venture capitalist
跌 (diē) to fall
赔 (péi) to lose [money]
辛苦 (xīn kǔ) laborious; toilsome
合 (hé) to combine
1. 他们俩上班的地方很近，合用一辆车就行了。= Their workplaces are close to one another. They can share a car.
2. 丽莎打算跟雪梅合租一套房子。= Lisa plans to rent a house with Xuemei.
3. 我跟指导教授合写了一本书。= I co-wrote a book with my advisor.
4. 合唱一个歌 = to sing a song in chorus / 合开一家饭店 = to open a restaurant with a partner
义工 (yì gōng) "voluntary work"; volunteer [person]
矛盾 (máo dùn) conflicting, conflict
郁闷 (yù mèn) gloomy; depressed
引起 (yǐn qǐ) to give rise to
1. 孩子的教育问题还没有引起这两个父母的注意。= The issue of their children’s education has not attracted these two parents’ attention.
2. 环保问题已经引起各个国家的重视。= The issue of environmental protection has drawn much attention in different countries.
3. 小王的建议引起同学们的反对。= Little Wang’s proposal met with objections from other students.
4. [TEXTBOOK] 张天明平常不大考虑投资理财的事，今天他表哥跟他在网上聊了半天这个问题，才引起他的思考。= Zhang Tianming ordinarily doesn’t give much thought to investment and wealth management. Today his cousin chatted with him on the Internet about this question for a long time, and only then did he start to think about it.
思考 (sī kǎo) to think deeply
MINIBOSS #3: ACT 3 REVIEW
Mastery Challenge 1 (Vocabulary and Grammar):
Mastery Challenge 2 (Speaking):