LEVEL 11: BOSS FIGHTS
There are six "Boss Fights" you must defeat in order to finish this level.
- You must master each Boss Fight.
- You should do all Boss Fights in order.
- You may redo each Boss Fight as many times as you want.
Boss Fight #1: Vocabulary
- Master all the vocabulary words in Level 11.
Boss Fight #2: Grammar
- Master the following key grammar structures:
- 那么，[不但...，而且...]，比，会，又，[A是A，可是/但是...]，Direction Complements
Boss Fight #3: Listening (Interpretative Communication)
Boss Fight #4: Reading (Interpretative Communication)
- Read and understand Lesson 11 of Integrated Chinese Volume 2.
Boss Fight #5: Speaking (Interpersonal Communication)
- Master the following key conversation tasks:
- Describe the weather.
- Make a weather forecast.
- Compare the weather of two places.
- Compare different seasons.
- Discuss what to do in different weather conditions.
Boss Fight #6: Writing (Presentational Communication)
- Write about the weather in different places.
- You have 15 minutes to write a response to a random prompt based on one of the lessons in this unit.
- This challenge is open-book (can use outside resources and the Internet).
- The "Own Words Policy" still applies! You may also not get help from another person.
- Example Prompts:
- At least 1 substantial paragraph. The more you write, the better.
- Please proofread your writing for typos and other mistakes before you submit!
- TARGET: see rubric.
You defeated all the Boss Fights... but greater trials still await! Prove your ultimate mastery of Level 11 by conquering these optional challenges:
- GODLIKE: Achieve a 100% score on all Level 11 Boss Fights—zero mistakes!
- TEXTBOOK TEST: Finish the "Level 11 Textbook Test."
- WORKBOOK: Finish the Lesson 11 exercises in the Integrated Chinese Workbook.
- GRAVITY: Play Level 11: Gravity on Quizlet to 150,000 points and/or a #1 score.
- PROJECTS: Complete all Level 11 Projects.