LEVEL 18: BOSS FIGHTS
There are six "Boss Fights" you must defeat in order to finish this level.
- You must master each Boss Fight.
- You should do all Boss Fights in order.
- You may redo each Boss Fight as many times as you want.
Boss Fight #1: Vocabulary
- Master all the vocabulary words in Level 18.
Boss Fight #2: Grammar
- Master the following key grammar structures:
- 好/难...，被，为了，Duration of Time (Activity / Inactivity)，着，下去
Boss Fight #3: Listening (Interpretative Communication)
Boss Fight #4: Reading (Interpretative Communication)
- Read and understand Lesson 18 of Integrated Chinese Volume 2.
Boss Fight #5: Speaking (Interpersonal Communication)
- Master the following key conversation tasks:
- Discuss different sports.
- Compare and contrast American and Chinese sports.
- Discuss healthy exercise habits.
- Avoid responsibility for an action by talking in the passive voice.
Boss Fight #6: Writing (Presentational Communication)
- Write about sports and exercise.
- You have 15 minutes to write a response to a random prompt based on one of the lessons in this unit.
- This challenge is open-book (can use outside resources and the Internet).
- The "Own Words Policy" still applies! You may also not get help from another person.
- Example Prompts:
- TARGET: see rubric.
You defeated all the Boss Fights... but greater trials still await! Prove your ultimate mastery of Level 18 by conquering these optional challenges:
- GODLIKE: Achieve a 100% score on all Level 18 Boss Fights—zero mistakes!
- TEXTBOOK TEST: Finish the "Level 18 Textbook Test."
- WORKBOOK: Finish the Lesson 18 exercises in the Integrated Chinese Workbook.
- GRAVITY: Play Level 18: Gravity on Quizlet to 150,000 points and/or a #1 score.
- PROJECTS: Complete all Level 18 Projects.